10 Days to Pay FAQs

Q. Why is Yuba Community College District changing the practice?

Payment for classes has always been due at the time of registration. This practice, however, has not been strictly enforced in the past. Since the state of California is delaying payments to the District, it is important to collect the fees at the stated deadlines.  It should also be noted that this new policy is intended to open seats in classes for students who are more serious about completing their education in a timely manner.

Q.  Which students are exempt from the “Drop for Non-Payment” policy?

  • Students that have paid in full for their classes
  • Students that have enrolled in a payment plan
  • Students who have been awarded a Board of Governors fee waiver (BOGW)
  • Sponsored Students – Be sure to provide appropriate documentation pertaining to the sponsorship to the Admissions/Records office.  Examples include third party payer, CalWORKs, Department of Rehabilitation, Upward Bound, etc.
  • Veterans – Veterans must inform the College as soon as possible as to their status

Q. When will I be dropped?

Effective Spring 2012, students may be dropped for non-payment. If you have not been approved for a BOGW, paid for your classes in full, or signed up for a payment plan, you will be subject to being dropped for non-payment the morning after the 10th day following registration. The drop for non-payment process will occur each business day of the week.

Q. Will I be able to get back into my class?

You may register only if space is available. If there is a waitlist you will go to the end of the list.  See the Waitlist FAQ for more details.

Q. Will I be notified if I am dropped?

You will be notified at the time of registration that you have 10 Days to Pay. You will not receive any other warning before the drop.  You can check your 10 Days to Pay status through the WebAdvisor under registration in MyCampus Portal.

Q. Can I set up a payment plan for Text books or parking?

No. Currently there is no payment plan option at this time for textbooks or parking.  Books can be purchased at the Bookstore on your campus bookstore or online bookstore.  Semester parking decals are only purchased online through WebAdvisor in MyCampus Portal.

Q. If I pay and drop how do I get my money back?

If you have properly dropped prior to the established refund deadline date for your class, you will need to complete a refund request form online through WebAdvisor in MyCampus Portal.  If you originally paid with a credit or debit card the money may be applied back to your credit or debit card. You may be issued a check for your refund if you paid by check or cash.  There will be a $10 refund processing fee assessed by the District.

Q.  What if, after I have signed up for a payment plan, I find out that I am eligible for FAFSA or BOGW?  Do I receive a refund?  Can I cancel my payment plan?

Yes, you can cancel your payment plan if approved for Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGW).  Yuba Community College District will forward student account balances to Nelnet Business Solutions (NBS) on a regular basis and when you are approved for BOGW, your student account will be reflected with this change.  Based on this information, NBS cancels the payment plan.  However, you will not be refunded for the $25 payment plan set-up fee.  You are highly encouraged to apply for BOGW before registering for classes in order to avoid this fee.  Be Aware, there may be a delay in refund.  There must be a credit balance on WebAdvisor in order to request a refund and you will be assessed $10 refund processing fee.  Please log into your WebAdvisor account in MyCampus portal to request a refund.