The Woodland Community College Office of Veterans Services welcomes and assists those who served in our nations military and their qualified dependents. Benefits are available to students at our Woodland Campus, Lake County Campus, and Colusa County Campus. In-person assistance is available at our Woodland Campus Veteran’s Resource Center.
Our School Certifying Official (SCO) helps with the following:
- Administration of veteran educational benefit programs
- Serving as a liaison between the veteran and the Department of Veterans Affairs
- Assisting with the application process and certification of VA educational benefits
How to collect your benefits
All veterans and/or dependents who wish to collect education benefits must contact the Woodland Community College SCO to create a file and start the use of your education benefits.
- To begin, complete the online VA Application form.
- Follow the instructions in that online form, and it will walk you through the process.
- Complete the rest of your VA application steps at WCC.
Veterans Resource Center:
All students are welcome to visit the VRC in-person at the Woodland Campus.
If you are at our Lake County Campus or our Colusa County Campus, the best way to get assistance is to email Diego Salazar or call (530) 661-5704. A representative usually visits the Lake County Campus on the first Tuesday of every month.
VRC staff are available to assist students over the phone or through email.
Call our office (530) 668-2540 or email Diego Salazar.
Fax (530) 661-5736
Monday & Tuesday 7:00am – 5:30pm (In person at WCC)
Wednesday & Thursday 7:00am – 5:30pm (Remote)
“To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan.”
—President Abraham Lincoln