State Mandated Enrollment Fee
All students (unless at the time of registration they qualify for exemption* under State mandates) are subject to an Enrollment Fee ($46 per unit). These fees are established by the State legislature and are determined at the time of enrollment by the student’s unit load.
*Exemptions: State regulations provide the following three programs to help eligible low income students with California residence status to have the Enrollment Fee waived.
- California College Promise Grant (CCPG) formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver A. For any student who, at the time of registration, is a recipient of (1) TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families); (2) SSI/SSP (Supplementary Security Income/State Supplementary Program); (3) General Assistance/General Relief Program; or (4) The California Department of Veteran Affairs or the National Guard Adjutant General’s Certification of Eligibility for a dependent’s fee waiver.
- California College Promise Grant (CCPG) formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver B. For low income students who meet eligibility requirements.
- California College Promise Grant (CCPG) formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver C. For low income students who qualify for Financial Aid.
Prior to registration, students in any of these categories should obtain the appropriate application materials from the Financial Aid Office for exemptions.
Nonresident Tuition/foreign Student Tuition
Students who have not established California residency in accordance with state regulations (see Residency Requirements section), will be required to pay the Nonresident Tuition Fee of $234.00 per unit ($265 per unit, effective Fall 2019). Students who are both citizens and residents of a foreign country are required to pay $234.00 per unit ($265 per unit, effective Fall 2019). These fees are in addition to the enrollment fees.
Student Services Fee
Students are required to pay a Student Services Health Fee each semester and summer session.
All vehicles that park within the Yuba Community College District will need a parking decal. The cost is $40 per semester; $20 for summer session. As an option, students and part-time staff may purchase a $2 daily parking pass in lieu of a semester decal. Those who have a Motorcycle can purchase a $15 per semester decal. The Parking Fee covers day and evening campus attendance.
The $40 decal is nonrefundable after the fourteenth calendar day of the full-semester. The $20 decal is nonrefundable after the first ten percent of classes for short-term classes. The $2 decals are nonrefundable.
All students should be prepared to purchase their own books, which are sold at the Bookstore. Direct school expenses for the entire year, including books, will probably average $600 to $700 for students living at home; book costs for pre-professional students (such as medicine) will run somewhat higher.
Students in some health-care courses and programs (such as EMT, Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Radiologic Technology) are required to purchase drug testing and other related charges these must be paid for at the time of enrollment. The California College Promise Grant (CCPG) formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver does not cover these charges.
All Enrollment Fee refunds are subject to a $10.00 Processing Fee. This Fee will be charged only once per each semester of enrollment. Any refund processed for less than $10.00 will not be assessed an additional Fee.
Full refunds will be made, at the College Bookstore, for books purchased for the current semester up to two weeks after the start of that semester; one week for summer session. Receipts are required for all refunds and new books must be unmarked and in new condition.
Enrollment/Student Services Fees / NonResident Tuition
Students are eligible for a refund of these Fees if the procedures below are followed.
- The student “officially” drops the class on or before the refund deadline (fourteenth calendar day of the semester or ten percent of a short-term class), AND
- The drop(s) reduces the student’s currently enrolled unit load, AND
- A refund request form is filed with the District Cashier.
When students request a fee refund, they should be aware of the following.
- Students must make a written request to receive a refund of fees.
- Refunds will NOT automatically be issued.
- All enrollment fee refunds are subject to a once-a-semester $10 Processing Fee.
- If fees were paid by check, there will be a waiting period until that check clears through the student’s bank before refunds can be processed.
- For refunds a student must complete a Request for Refund and a check will be mailed.
Students who withdraw from classes before the fourteenth day of the semester (dates vary for short-term classes) may apply for a refund of the Parking Fee. The parking sticker must be returned to qualify for the refund.