IMPORTANT: Due to COVID-19 safety measures, starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020 through the end of April or until further notice, the Counseling Office will be operating remotely. Appointments will be online or over the phone. To schedule an online counseling appointment please call (530) 661-5703 or schedule an appointment online
Woodland Community College’s Counseling Office provides students with personal and academic counseling to help students achieve their academic and career goals. Counselors are available to help make sure students start off on the right track by developing an education plan of the courses needed to achieve their goal of an Associate’s degree, transfer to a university, or completion of a certificate program. Counselors are also available to work with students who need guidance and support during their time at WCC. Our counseling team is here to help you succeed!
Student Success Courses: The Counseling office also provides a variety of courses aimed at promoting student success. Courses offered in this department are designed to assist students with the transition to college life by setting realistic educational, career, and personal goals. View our courses in the Woodland Community College catalog.
- Academic difficulty
- Prerequisite check
- Crisis assistance and referral
- Course repeat petitions
- Current class selection
- Clarify information about classes you are currently in
- Academic renewal petitions
- General petitions
- Review assessment results
- Educational plans including —
—Veteran plans and financial aid petition
- Transfer admission agreements
- Transcript evaluation
- Graduation check for certificates and degrees
- Career counseling
- Four-year University application, personal statement
- Transfer preparation for multiple schools
- Course selection
- Academic dismissal petitions
- Crisis assistance and referral
- Personal counseling
Need a Summer Class?
Counseling Classes – OPEN for Summer 2020
Need help finding a major?
Need help with transfer requirements?
Need help with study skills?
Take a Counseling course!
- COUNS 10 – College Success | 3 Units | 54 lecture hours | Transferable to CSU/UC | study skills and knowledge necessary for college success including time management, memory techniques, note-taking, reading skills, test-taking skills, critical thinking, writing, learning styles, diversity, communication skills, career planning, assessment, use of technology and other resources. (L)
- COUNS – 10 D9673 Online WCC
- COUNS – 10 D9690 Online LCC
- COUNS – 10 D9698 Online CC
- COUNS 25 – Career Planning and Development | 3 Units |54 lecture hours | Transferable to CSU | Survey of techniques of career exploration and planning selection. In the context of a study of the changes that occur during a typical life span, each student will construct a personal profile of current and projected interests, aptitudes, skills, values, personality, life, and personal circumstances. Students will create a comprehensive career plan/portfolio using career research and decision-making strategies.
- COUNS – 25 W5144 On-campus WCC M-TH 9:00 – 11:05 am
- COUNS – 25 C5623 On-campus CC M-TH 10:30 – 12:35 pm
- Counseling courses are transferable to CSU and UC
- Taught by Counselors