Step 1: Apply to WCC
Apply to WCC as a Current High School student using OpenCCC.
- You will first need to create an OpenCCC account and then proceed to start a new application for WCC.
- Make sure to indicate you are a current high school student.
- Once your application is processed, you will receive an email with instructions on how to obtain your YCCD Student ID number and access your YCCD student email account.
Step 2: Complete the High School Recommendation Form
You must meet with your high school counselor to obtain authorization to enroll in specific courses.
- Download and complete the High School Recommendation Form (or get it from your high school counselor).
- Have a parent/guardian and your High School official sign the form allowing you to take college courses.
- Submit the form to the WCC Admissions & Records Office by sending it via email to email@example.com from your YCCD student email.
Step 3: Register
Priority registration for high school dual enrollment begins Monday, May 22, 2023 for Summer and Fall 2023 classes. Submit your High School Recommendation form on or after May 22 and Admissions staff will process and register you for your requested courses!
Students also have the option of submitting their High School Recommendation form during the pre-registration period. Forms submitted between Monday, April 10 through Thursday, May 18 (by 5pm) will clear students for registration. However, these students will be responsible for registering themselves, online through WCC Self-Service. The pre-registration option is meant for students who prefer to register for classes on their own, online through Self-Serivce beginning 12:01am on May 22.
For questions or assistance, contact WCC Admissions & Records via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (530) 661-5720.