How to sign up for online classes
If you are a current student at Woodland Campus, Lake County Campus, or Colusa County Campus, then follow the instructions below to sign up for online classes:
- Log in to YCCD Student Portal using your Single-Sign-On. (same username and password you use for Canvas, Office 365, student email account, etc.)
- Look for WCC Self-Service in your Student Portal.
- On the main menu, click on Course Search.
- Select the appropriate class you are looking to register and click on Add Course to Plan. For Online classes, go to Advanced Search and under Location, select Online (WCC).
- On the left hand menu, under Academics, click on Register for Classes. It will display your planned courses.
- You can register for the classes by clicking on Register Now.
Online Learning Resources
After you enroll in Online Classes, use Canvas to access your course!
Canvas is our online learning platform while you are taking classes where you can communicate with your instructor, take tests, get your syllabus and homework, and more!
Login to Canvas
Guides to using Canvas:
- Canvas Student Orientation
- Canvas Student Guide
- Canvas Video Tutorials
- Canvas Mobile Phone Student Guide
- Canvas Mobile Tablet Student Guide
Orientation to Online Learning
Complete the Orientation to Online Learning to prepare for online classes and learn how to use different tools and technologies available to you as a WCC student.
Here are some other resources for students already enrolled in online courses.
Buy textbooks, materials, and more at our online bookstore. Woodland and Colusa Campus students can use the Woodland store.
Online Tutoring- Student Success Center
The WCC Student Success Center offers free online tutoring for reading and writing for all courses, and subject tutoring for math, science and other content courses. Visit Student Success Center to learn more about Online Tutoring.
Woodland Community College’s Counseling Office provides students with personal and academic counseling to help students achieve their academic and career goals. Counselors are available to help make sure students start off on the right track by developing an education plan of the courses needed to achieve their goal of an Associate’s degree, transfer to a university, or completion of a certificate program. Counselors are also available to work with students who need guidance and support during their time at WCC. Our counseling team is here to help you succeed!
You can get more information about Online Counseling and steps to make an appointment at Online Academic Advising.
Online Library Resources
Visit Online Library Resources to learn more about library resources, gaining access to library database and so on.
You may be required to use following tools when taking tests in an online course.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser : It ensures that all students taking an online test do not have access to other browser tabs or restricted software during the exam.
- Proctorio: It is a remote proctoring system used by instructors during tests. Learn the basics about Proctorio.
- In-Person Proctored Exams: Some online classes may require you to take an exam at a proctoring location rather than online (even if all other content is delivered online). Learn more about where and how to book an appointment for an In-Person Proctored Exam.