Types of Aid

WCC offers many types of financial aid programs to help meet our students’ educationally-related financial needs.

In addition to the information provided below, please visit, icanaffordcollege.com.

Grant Programs and BOG Fee Waiver

AmeriCorps members serve more than 3,000 nonprofit institutions, public agencies, faith-based and other community organizations to help meet critical needs in education, public safety, health and the environment. The variety of service opportunities is almost unlimited. Members may tutor and mentor youth, build affordable housing, teach computer skills, clean parks and streams, run after-school programs, or help communities respond to disasters.
Upon completion of their service, AmeriCorps members earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award to help finance their education.
For more information click here.
Back to Top

Board of Governors’ Fee Waiver (BOGW)

The Board of Governors provides fee waivers for eligible students to assist with
enrollment fees. To determine eligibility, students must complete a Fee Waiver Application
or must have applied for financial aid through the FAFSA.

Fee Waiver Applications are available here:

Back to Top

Cal Grant B and C
Cal Grants are one of the smartest ways to get cash for college. For starters, it’s money you don’t have to pay back. If you are a graduating high school senior or recent graduate who meets academic and financial eligibility requirements, submit FAFSA and GPA Verification Form by March 2 or September 2 to be able to receive a Cal Grant.
Students who have already completed 24 degree applicable or 24 transferrable college units at YCCD will have their GPA automatically submitted to the California Student Aid Commission.

How to Apply. Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and submit GPA Verification Form for the March 2 or September 2 deadline. If you meet the income, eligibility, and GPA requirements, the cash is yours.

Cal Grant B Entitlement Awards provide low-income students with a living allowance and assistance with tuition fees and other educational expenses. Most first-year students receive an allowance of up to $1,551 for books and living expenses. After the freshman year, Cal Grant B also helps pay tuition and fees in the same amount as a Cal Grant A. For a Cal Grant B, your coursework must be for at least one academic year.

Cal Grant C awards help pay for tuition and training costs at occupational or career technical schools. This $576 award is for books, tools, and equipment. You may also receive up to an additional $2,592 for tuition at a school other than a California Community College. To qualify, you must enroll in a vocational program that is at least four months long at a California Community College, private college, or a career technical school. Funding is available for up to two years, depending on the length of your program.

Back to Top

Full-Time Student Success Grant (FTSSG)
The Full-Time Student Success Grant is intended to support student persistence, retention and
success by providing students additional assistance to attend full-time and complete their
programs. Students must be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 units), be a recipient of a
full-time Cal Grant B award, maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, demonstrate financial
need, and maintain all other Cal Grant B eligibility requirements. Semester payments are $300
per fall and/or spring semester, not to exceed $600 per academic year. For additional
information, click here.

Back to Top

If you are or were in foster care and have financial need, you may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for career and technical training for college. You don’t have to pay this money back. You may also be able to use your grant to help pay for child care, transportation and living expenses while you’re in school. You can use your Chafee Grant at any eligible California college or university, career or technical school, as well as schools in other states.

To qualify, you must be a current or former foster youth and not have reached your 22nd birthday as of July 1 of the award year. The California Department of Social Services will determine your foster youth eligibility status.
For more information click here.

Back to Top

Child Development Grant
The Child Development Grant Program is a need-based grant designed to encourage students to enter the field of child care and development in a licensed children’s center. Students who plan to enroll in at least half-time in coursework leading to a Child Development Permit as teacher, master teacher, site supervisor or program director, may apply through the college Early Childhood Education department they plan to attend. To receive funding, students must sign a Service Commitment Agreement stating they will provide one year of full-time service in a licensed children’s center for each year they receive the grant. For more information click here

Back to Top

Federal Work Study
Under the FWS Program, you can work part-time to earn money for your education.
The FWS Program:

  • provides part-time employment while you are enrolled in school
  • helps pay your educational expenses
  • is available to undergraduate and graduate students
  • is administered by schools participating in the FWS Program
  • encourages community service work and work related to your course of study, whenever possible

Back to Top

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

  • Must complete FAFSA.
  • FSEOGs are awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need- those with the lowest Expected Family Contribution (EFC) as determined by Department of Education.
  • Federal Pell Grant recipients receive priority for FSEOG awards.
  • FSEOG awards range from $100 to $4,000 a year. The amount of the award is determined by your school’s financial aid office.

Back to Top

Pell Grant

  • Must complete FAFSA.
  • Pell Grants are the foundation of federal student financial aid, to which aid from other federal and nonfederal sources might be added.
  • Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students- those who haven’t earned a bachelor’s or graduate degree.
  • Amounts can change yearly.

Back to Top



Scholarships are forms of aid that help students pay for their education. Unlike student loans, scholarships for college are financial gifts and therefore do not need to be paid back. The best source of scholarship information is contained on the internet through a variety of scholarship directory sites.
The YCCD and the WCC Foundation’s scholarships are provided by the college, alumni, and private donors, and are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and promise of future achievement. Financial need is a factor for some awards, but not for all. Additionally, students who have acquired particular skills may be awarded for their talents. Click here for scholarship information.
Back to Top

Student Loans

WCC loan processing is suspended for 2013-2014. Loans will not be available for students attending WCC for the 2013-2014 Academic year.


Effective in the fall of 2013, the Yuba Community College District including Yuba College and Woodland Community College, will suspend the Federal Student Loan Program. The U.S. Department of Education’s policy would be to revoke a college’s ability to participate in any Federal Financial Aid program, including Pell Grants, FSEOG and Federal Work Study, because of excessive default rates. The decision by the College and its Board of Trustees to suspend the Federal Student Loan Program was made in an effort to protect the availability of future Federal Financial Aid. The Board of Trustees has formed a Committee to assess its decision through data analysis for future years.

The Board’s action to suspend Federal Student Loans will protect all Federal student aid, including Pell Grant, meaning that eligible students will still be able to receive all Federal Grants as well as State Cal Grants.