Woodland Community College & Lake Campus Fund Scholarships
The Woodland Community College Scholarship Program is administered by the Yuba Community College District Foundation. Foundation scholarships are made possible through generous donations from community organizations, corporations, and individual donors. Scholarships opportunities are available for incoming, re-entry, continuing and transfer students. Enrollment requirements vary per scholarship. Most foundation scholarships require half-time enrollment, but some require full-time or three-quarter time enrollment. Only one application required to apply for all Foundation scholarship opportunities.
Candidates are selected on the basis of academic achievement, financial need, personal strengths, honors and awards, leadership, and commitment to giving back to the community.
Make sure you complete these important steps:
- A Yuba Community College District (YCCD) student ID number is required to apply for foundation scholarships. If you do not have a YCCD student ID number, you must apply for admission to Woodland Community College to obtain an ID number.
- Dual enrollment students graduating from high school must complete a new application for admission for the summer or fall term.
- Activate your YCCD student email using YCCD Single Sign-On Portal. The school will use your college email to communicate with you. Example Email: Z0000000@go.yccd.edu. For help setting up your YCCD email account, click the tutorial page here.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) OR California Dream Act Application (CADAA) for the upcoming academic year. The federal school code for Woodland Community College is 041438.
- Attend a scholarship workshop and get some tips on how to complete a scholarship application and write a personal statement.
- Be prepared to provide a personal statement with the general scholarship application to include ideas such as:
- Personal and Academic Achievements
- Academic Plans and Career Goals
- Extracurricular Activities
- Contributions to the Community
- Why you believe you are a good candidate for this scholarship.
- Unofficial transcripts may be requested for incoming students.
After submitting your application, what’s next?
All completed applications are evaluated by Woodland Community College Scholarship Committees for selection of scholarship award recipients. Once selected, recipients are notified by YCCD student email. Scholarship funds are disbursed within the academic year they are awarded. Funds are disbursed to students through BankMobile, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. More about this process can be found here.
Actual award amounts may vary based on students’ individual eligibility, fund availability, and other factors. Failure to enroll, meet all eligibility requirements, or dropping all classes after enrollment may nullify eligibility which may require funds to be repaid.