CARES Act - HEERF & MSI Emergency Grants
The federal government has provided Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) and Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Fund resources for colleges to help address the immediate and urgent impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on students and colleges.
The intent of these funds is to help support students whose lives and education have been impacted by the pandemic.
For the Summer and Fall 2022 semesters, these grants will range between $1,000 and $1,750, based on semester enrollment, academic progress status, and/or GPA. Additional details about student emergency grants through HEERF and MSI:
- Funds are limited, and applications will be processed in the order in which they are received on a first-come, first-served basis.
- To qualify for funding students must be enrolled in the semester for which they are requesting aid.
- Students are permitted to submit one application per semester.
- Award amounts vary depending on the individual student situation.
- HEERF/MSI emergency grants are not considered estimated financial assistance (EFA) for Federal Financial Aid, and will not negatively impact eligibility for other financial aid programs.
- A confirmation page will display once the application is successfully submitted. Students will receive email notifications to their YCCD email regarding application status (approved or denied) and the timeline for disbursement (disbursements follow the Pell payment dates on the payment schedule).
- Students may view the CARES Emergency Grant award amount in Self Service Financial Aid, MyAwards section.
- CARES Emergency Grant awards are disbursed via BankMobile, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Students who have not completed their BankMobile account set up or have not selected a preferred refund method may do so by clicking here to access BankMobile's website.
- Disbursement dates for summer 2022 grants: