Who is Eligible?
Who is Eligible for CalWORKs Services?
- TANF/CalWORKs recipients who are receiving cash aid and have or are developing a Welfare-to-Works (WTW) plan
- Be in good standing with the county Department of Social Services/Welfare Office
- Self-Initiated Participant (SIPs)
- Exempt CalWORKs Recipients
- Be enrolled at Woodland Community College
- Be in good academic standing
Who is NOT Eligible?
- Sanctioned CalWORKs students
Sanctioned Student Policy: If a student has been sanctioned during a semester, services can be provided until the end of the semester; sanction must be
cured by the end of the semester to continue services for the next semester.
- CalWORKs students who are not receiving for themselves cash aid and only for their children
- Individuals who are receiving food stamps
- CalWORKs who have “Timed-Out” of the welfare system (have reached the 60-month time limit and no longer eligible for cash aid)
- Individuals on SSI (not receiving CalWORKs/TANF cash assistance)
- Tribal TANF