For Case Managers
Juggling the responsibilities of parenting, school, and work while satisfying CalWORKs requirements is an on-going challenge for many students. To ensure that CalWORKs students succeed, Woodland College CalWORKs provides on-campus services to students. All services are designed to help the student meet their 32-35 hour CalWORKs participation requirement and to reach their employment goal before the end of their CalWORKs time limit. Services available to CalWORKs students are academic counseling, job search resources, job placement and job retention services, assistance with childcare, and referrals to other community resources.
Program staff understands CalWORKs regulations and requirements. To share information about student progress with you, all students participating in the on campus CalWORKs program have a Release of Information form on file. Plus, staff is always available to answer any questions you may have about a student’s participation.
To help keep you informed, Woodland College CalWORKs staff will notify you:
- If a student begins, ends, or changes jobs
- If a student changes his/her class schedule
- If an employer has concerns with a student’s work performance
- If a student receives a raise
- If a student is in jeopardy of dropping classes
- If a student reports a change of address