2015-2016 Scholarships Scholarship Opportunities at WCC
A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to further his or her education. Scholarships are awarded based upon various criteria, which usually reflect the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award. Scholarship money is not required to be repaid.
Scholarships are usually awarded based on academic achievement, field of study, community service, extracurricular activities and, in some cases, financial need.
At Woodland Community College scholarships are available to incoming, continuing and transferring students.
Incoming: A new student who has not previously attended college.
Continuing: A student who is currently enrolled in college.
Transfer: A student who is transferring to a 4-year college during the 2015-2016 academic year.
There are two types of scholarships available at WCC; Yuba Community College District Foundation and Other Donor Sponsored scholarships.
Foundation Scholarships: You only have to complete and submit one Foundation Scholarship Application to be considered for all of the foundation scholarships available at WCC. Available foundation scholarships are listed in the 2015-2016 WCC Scholarship Handbook. The scholarship handbook also includes the Foundation Scholarship Application.
The WCC Foundation Scholarship Application is available in the Financial Aid Office, or you may download by selecting the links below. Remember to print all required forms as listed in the instructions.
Other Donor Sponsored Scholarships: Eligibility and application information is posted on the Scholarship Opportunities board located in the Eagle's Nest.
For additional information contact the Financial Aid Office at WCC.
- Complete your 2015-2016 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov .
- Do not complete the WCC Foundation Application if you are attending Yuba College during the 2015-2016 academic year.
- Tips on how to write your scholarship essay
- Start requesting your letters of recommendation now. Don't wait until the last minute!
- It is the applicant's responsibility to assure their scholarship packet is complete.
- Watch the deadlines!
- -Foundation Scholarships: April 10, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. No exceptions!
- Other Donor Sponsored Scholarships: Dates vary
2015 Friends of the California State Fair Scholarship program - available scholarships has over 27 categories, with an opportunity to receive up to $5,000.