External Scholarship Opportunities
These scholarships are offered by organizations and agencies outside of Woodland Community College. Below is a list of scholarship opportunities offered by these organizations and agencies with links to their website. Check back often, as this page is updated on a regular basis.
To learn more about any of the following scholarships, click on the URL under the scholarship name to navigate to the donor’s website to find additional information about the scholarship and apply.
- These scholarships are not administered by Woodland Community College. Any questions should be directed to the organization offering the award.
- External Scholarship Deadline: Dates Vary
Note: The inclusion of a link to another site does not constitute an endorsement by Woodland Community College of the site, its owner(s), or any products or services advertised on the linked site.EMPTY api-answer: No JSON received - is the API down? Check the URL you use in the shortcode!
You may also find scholarship searches and/or databases that provide additional resources. Below is a list of a few scholarships searches currently available:
- www.csac.ca.gov (Middle Class Scholarship)
- www.uncf.org (African American Scholarships)
- www.apiasf.org (Asian American Scholarships)
- www.hsf.net (Latino Scholarships)
- www.maldef.org (Latino Scholarships)
- www.bie.edu (Native American Scholarships)
- www.collegefund.org (Native American Scholarships)
- www.gmsp.org (Gates Millennium Scholarships)
Scholarship Scams and Fraud
Need money for college? Doesn’t everybody? With tuition bills skyrocketing, and room and board going through the roof, students and their families are looking for creative ways to finance a college education. Unfortunately, in their efforts to pay the bills, many of them are falling prey to scholarship and financial aid scams.
For additional information regarding scholarship scams and fraud, please view the Fair Trade Commission’s Consumer Information, https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0082-scholarship-and-financial-aid-scams.