What is the Academic Support Canvas?
The Academic Support Canvas page is a Canvas classroom that is open and available for all WCC students who wish to use any of the academic support services that are available, and it includes resources from the Student Success Center, the WCC Library, the ESL department, and the Academic Success Workshops. To access and get started using the Academic Support Canvas page, you can self-enroll using this link or you can contact Deanna Pierro at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the course.
Type of Tutoring Options
- All appointments must be made 22 business hours in advance, which means Friday evening bookings for Monday appointments will not work.
- Please click on the Online Tutoring option from our home page for further details.
Cancellations, Lateness & No Shows
- If you need to cancel or will be late, call the Tutoring Center at (530) 405-9699 or call the RAWC at (530) 405-9946. Leave a message if no one answers.
- Your tutor is required to wait only 15 minutes before marking you as a NO SHOW.
- Cancellations made within less than 24 hours will be considered NO SHOW.
- MORE THAN TWO NO SHOWS WITHIN THE SAME SEMESTER WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF PRIVILEGES.
- Tutors will not do your homework. Attempt to work through your homework first then come to the tutoring session with questions.
- If you are unprepared for the session, the session may be rescheduled.
- If you are repeatedly unprepared for tutorial sessions, you may be dropped from the tutorial program. (You will then need to see the Center Staff before making further appointments).
- Keep socialization to a minimum.
- Keep the noise level down.
- Turn OFF Cell Phones.
- Do not interrupt tutoring sessions.
- Do not eat or drink in the Center (water bottles are an exception).
- Clean up your area before leaving.
What is Learn 502?
Learn 502 is a zero unit, no-cost class available to WCC Students which will allow you to receive tutoring services in the Student Success Center. This will not affect your financial aid status or grade point average; it is simply a way to track student tutoring usage.