What is the Academic Support Canvas?
The Academic Support Canvas page is a Canvas classroom that is open and available for all WCC students who wish to use any of the academic support services that are available, and it includes resources from the Student Success Center, the WCC Library, the ESL department, and the Academic Success Workshops. To access and get started using the Academic Support Canvas page, you can self-enroll using this link or you can contact Jamie Seibel at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the course.
Type of Tutoring Options
- Appointments can be single or recurring, in any case they must be booked by a clerk to guaranty a specific time and day with a specific tutor. Students must book appointments one day in advance. This rule applies for in person or online tutoring.
- Drop in
- During the SSC hours of operation, tutors will be available for students to have short consultations (15 minutes increments and maximum 1 hr.). Drop in appointments do not guaranty that at the moment of the student arrivals a tutor in an specific subject will be available.
Cancellations, Lateness & No Shows
- If you need to cancel or will be late, call the SSC at (530) 405- 9946 or (530) 405-9699. If no one answers, leave a message (we receive messages 24/7). Your call should be received at least 3 hrs. in advance, if not, your appointment will be marked as missed.
- Your tutor is required to wait only 15 minutes before marking your appointment as missed.
- Cancellations made within less than 3 hours will be counted as a missed appointment.
- In the case that a tutee is more than 15 minutes late this will be count as a missed appointment
- If you have three missed appointments, you will lose your privilege to book appointments, but will still be allowed to access drop-in tutoring when available.
- Tutors will not do your homework. Attempt to work through your homework first, then, come to the tutoring session with questions.
- If you are unprepared for the session, the session may be rescheduled.
- If you are repeatedly unprepared for tutorial sessions, you may be dropped from the tutorial program. (You will then need to see the Center Staff before making further appointments).
- Keep socialization to a minimum.
- Keep the noise level down.
- Turn off Cell Phones.
- Do not interrupt tutoring sessions.
- Do not eat or drink in the Center (water bottles are an exception).
- Clean up your area before leaving.
What is Learn 502?
Learn 502 is a zero unit, no-cost class available to WCC Students which will allow you to receive tutoring services in the Student Success Center. This will not affect your financial aid status or grade point average; it is simply a way to track student tutoring usage.