What is the NextUp program?
The NextUp program, also known as Cooperating Agencies Foster Youth Educational Support, is another EOPS program targeting to support current or former foster youth enrolled in California's community colleges. NextUp offers a range of services and resources to help current and former youth increase their confidence and ability to become successful, college-educated individuals.
NextUp Services and Resources
In addition to receiving EOPS
services, NextUp students at Woodland Community College will receive the following enhanced services:
- Educational Planning
- Academic Counseling
- Additional funds to buy required textbooks and school supplies
- Priority Registration
- Monthly vendor cards for transportation and food
- Workshops - we offer a variety of career-related and/or academic support workshops.
- Community building activities and events
- Referrals to off-campus resources
- And other support as funding is available
- CA Resident
- Verified foster care placement on or after 13th birthday
- Less than 26 years old at the start of the academic year (Fall + Spring) or previous enrollment in NextUp
- Enrolled in at least 1 class at Woodland Community College (WCC)
- Financial Aid file connected to Woodland Community College
How do I apply?
In order to participate in NextUp, you must complete the EOPS/CARE & NextUp application
and enroll in at least 1 class at WCC if you are a new student to NextUp. Your application will be evaluated, and you will be contacted concerning your eligibility for the program within 3-5 business days.