WCC Senate Goals 2020-2021
- Equity-Focus: Advocate for enhanced and authentic inclusion of equity-mindedness to support the efforts of the college in the education and support of our diverse student populations.
- Guided Pathways: Support and advance the college-wide discussion and implementation of Guided Pathways, while also encouraging ongoing conversation about student momentum and impact of Guided Pathways on various student groups.
- Increase support and development of ASWCC and ASLCC: Work with the student government groups for both WCC and LCC to support student leadership development and encourage diverse student voices to be included in our college governance.
- Building Community and a Network of Support: Work with faculty, staff, and administration to encourage the sense of community-building during these times of increased reliance on remote and distance (off site) work. Support ongoing efforts to provide additional professional development opportunities and resources to enhance effectiveness working in these remote modalities. Understanding that some individuals and groups are disadvantaged during the transition (and use) of online instruction and student support.
- Support College/District Data Needs: Collaborate, advocate, and actively ensure faculty participation with the College and District assessment and validation of our institutional data. Work with WCC Office of Institutional Effectiveness to expand the use of equity data (and other appropriate disaggregated data) in college decision-making and planning. Ensure that data is being used as we develop strategic enrollment strategies.
- Relationship with College Council: Work with College Council to develop shared college-wide governance goals (e.g. revision and review of college governance committees, assessment of committee work, and develop sustainable practices for monitoring our WCC governance handbook).
- WCC Academic Senate Constitution and Bylaws: Finalize the review/revision of our senate governance documents with the aim for formal adoption during the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Faculty Hiring: Work with the district to expand efforts to recruit, mentor, and retain diverse faculty.