How To Apply

The following steps will guide you through the process to initiate your Veterans Affairs (VA) Education Benefits.

  1. First, Apply to Woodland Community College.
  2. Apply for your VA education benefits.
  3. Print the application with the confirmation number and bring it to the Yuba College Veteran Affairs Office (VAO).
  4. Complete and/or bring to Yuba College VAO:
    • The MEMBER-4 copy of your DD214 indicating all active duty periods served.
    • Copy of marriage and birth certificates (Vietnam era only).
    • Notice of Basic Eligibility Form (NOBE) (1606/1607 only).
    • Copies of all prior college transcripts, with originals sent to Yuba College Registrar.
    • Copy of Yuba College Assessment scores (placement examination).
    • Complete the Yuba College Online Orientation.
    • Set an appointment to complete a VA Education Plan with a Yuba College Counselor.
  5. Log in to Web Advisor to register for classes. A class schedule must be submitted to the Yuba College VAO for you to be certified and receive education benefits. The classes certified MUST coincide with your VA Education Plan.
  6. Apply for Financial Aid. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA) and the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (Board of Governor’s Fee Waiver (BOG)). If you qualify, you will earn free money while you attend college. The application process is free and will not conflict with your VA education benefits.