Are you interested in transferring to UC Davis to study biological sciences?
AvenueB provides a smooth transition from Woodland Community College to UC Davis for students interested in a major within the College of Biological Sciences.
- Biochemistry and molecular biology
- Biological sciences
- Cell biology
- Evolution, ecology and biodiversity
- Genetics and genomics
- Human biology
- Marine and coastal science
- Molecular and medical microbiology
- Neurobiology, physiology and behavior
- Plant biology
AvenueB starts at your community college and provides academic and career supports and enrichment opportunities. If you are admitted to UC Davis and are selected to participate in AvenueB, this support will continue after you transfer to UC Davis.
What Can AvenueB Offer You?
- Availability of scholar awards for qualified students.
- Opportunity for academic enrichment: tutoring, peer mentors and targeted advising.
- Intensive summer residential programs for community college students prior to enrollment at UC Davis: Aggie Transfer Scholars Weekend program prior to entering your final year at community college.
- Paid Transfer Bridge program for selected cohort prior to first quarter at UC Davis.
- Group outings, social activities, speakers and workshops that provide opportunities to engage in peer-to-peer learning, community building and career exploration.
- Industry tours, summer internships, mentorship and research experiences that will strengthen the connection between coursework and application of biological principles.
- Guidance with the UC TAP and the TAG process.
Attend an AvenueB Information Session or contact Dr. Lorena Navarro to learn more!
For additional information about the AvenueB program visit the AvenueB website.