Distance Education Modalities and Definitions
Online Teaching Certification
Instructors teaching in distance education modalities are required to complete this 40 hour training prior to being assigned an online or hybrid course. Please sign up for the next section on the WCC Flex website. This training is only open to current Woodland Community College Faculty. Please email Betsy Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions regarding online teaching certification.
What is POCR?
- WCC DE Handbook
- CVC Course Design Rubric
- WCC Regular & Effective Contact Form Word Doc
- Course Revision Tracking Document– Using this form if you would like an easy way to make notes on how you have addressed specific POCR team recommendations in the revision of your course.
- Faculty Alignment Resources Handout
DE Professional Development
- Faculty and Staff Development Center in Canvas- for videos, self-paced training, and instructional design office hours
- Flex Website—for upcoming CVC rubric and online teaching trainings
Contacts to Support You
Woodland Distance Education Coordinators
- WCC POCR Lead: Julie Brown email@example.com
- WCC Instructional Design Resource Faculty: Betsy Allen firstname.lastname@example.org
POCR and Distance Education Committee Members
Kevin Ferns email@example.com
Lewis Felver firstname.lastname@example.org
Ingrid Larsen email@example.com
Dena Martin firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Design Assistance
Visit the Faculty and Staff Development Center in Canvas for Instructional Design office hours and resources, or email Betsy Allen email@example.com for an appointment.