Earn your High School Equivalency Credential at LCC
You can earn a High School Equivalency credential at the Lake County Campus by taking the HiSET exam. This program is not offered at our Woodland Campus or Colusa County Campus at this time.
Upcoming testing dates
Tests are offered monthly throughout the academic year (September-June). Exams are offered between 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on the following dates for the Spring 2020 semester:
- May 12, 2021
Saturday appointments are available by request. For more information, please call Kimberly Boles-Cravea at (707) 995-7910.
Register for the HiSET exam
You must register before you can take any of the HiSET exams.
You may be eligible for a fee waiver. Speak with your LEARN instructor for details.
- There are five test sections (three tries each section allowed in a calendar year)
- You may pay for all tests and take one or two at a time OR purchase test by test (slightly more expensive) OR you may be eligible for a no cost option.
*Language Arts I & II is one test with two sections. Both sections must be completed at the same time for the test to be scored.
Testing fees may be waived for students enrolled in the Learn program who demonstrate appropriate academic success. Some restrictions apply. For more information, please call Kimberly Boles-Cravea at (707) 995-7910.
Prepare for the HiSET exam at LCC
The LEARN Program at Lake County Campus offers easy-access classes to help you:
- Study for math and English placement tests.
- Prepare for high school equivalency tests such as the GED and HiSET.
- Improve your reading, math and writing abilities for work and college classes.