IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ FIRST!
To get started in the Student Success Center, you must first complete the “SSC Orientation Module” on the Academic Support Canvas. Once you finish the module, you can complete the Learning Contract, and you will be granted access to all the services the SSC has to offer.
What is Learn 502?
Learn 502 is a zero unit, no cost class available to WCC Students which will allow you to receive tutoring services in the Student Success Center. This will not affect your financial aid status or grade point average; it is simply a way to track student tutoring usage.
What is the Academic Support Canvas?
The Academic Support Canvas page is a Canvas classroom that is open and available for all WCC students who wish to use any of the academic support services that are available, and it includes resources from the Student Success Center, the WCC Library, the ESL department, and the Academic Success Workshops. To access and get started using the Academic Support Canvas page, you can self-enroll using this link or you can contact Jolene to be added to the course.
- Student must complete the Student Success Center’s Orientation Module on the Academic Support Canvas and pass the policies & procedures quiz with at least an 80%.
- Once the Orientation Module is completed, students must complete the SSC Student User Contract as part of the orientation module.
- All students must be enrolled in at least one course at Woodland Community College or Colusa County Campus in order to receive tutoring.
Signing in for Tutoring
- You must sign in using the via TutorTrac at the front desk before making an appointment or receiving walk-in help.
- Failure to sign in can result in “No Show”.
Type of Tutoring Options
- All appointments must be made 22 BUSINESS hours in advance, which means Friday evening bookings for Monday appointments will not work.
- Drop-in hours are available for Math, science, writing, and reading only and are not guaranteed. To guarantee a time, please make an appointment.
- All drop-in sessions will be limited to 30 minutes. These sessions can only be extended if no one else is waiting. Again, in order to guarantee one hour, please make an appointment.
- Please click on the Online Tutoring option from our home page for further details.
Cancellations, Lateness & No Shows
- If you need to cancel or will be late, call the Tutoring Center at (530) 661-5733 or call the RAWC at (530) 668-5716. Leave a message if no one answers.
- Your tutor is required to wait only 15 minutes before marking you as a NO SHOW.
- Cancellations made within less than 24 hours will be considered NO SHOW.
- MORE THAN TWO NO SHOWS WITHIN THE SAME SEMESTER WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF PRIVILEGES.
- Tutors will not do your homework. Attempt to work through your homework first then come to the tutoring session with questions.
- If you are unprepared for the session, the session may be rescheduled.
- If you are repeatedly unprepared for tutorial sessions, you may be dropped from the tutorial program. (You will then need to see the Center Staff before making further appointments).
- Keep socialization to a minimum.
- Keep the noise level down.
- Turn OFF Cell Phones.
- Do not interrupt tutoring sessions.
- Do not eat or drink in the Center (water bottles are an exception).
- Clean up your area before leaving.