IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ FIRST!
Students must sign the Student Contract for access to our tutoring services. Students will also be enrolled in Learn 502 at the end of the semester.
What is Learn 502?
Learn 502 is a zero unit, no cost class available to WCC Students which will allow you to receive tutoring services in the Student Success Center. This will not affect your financial aid status or grade point average; it is simply a way to track student tutoring usage.
- Students must complete the SSC Student User Contract online.
- All students must be enrolled in at least one course at Woodland Community College or Colusa County Campus in order to receive tutoring.
Signing in for Tutoring
- You must sign in using the via TutorTrac at the front desk before making an appointment or receiving walk-in help.
- Failure to sign in can result in “No Show”.
Type of Tutoring Options
- All appointments must be made 24 BUSINESS hours in advance, which means Friday evening bookings for Monday appointments will not work.
- Walk-in hours are available for Math, writing, and reading only and are not guaranteed. To guarantee a time, please make an appointment.
- All walk-in sessions will be limited to 30 minutes. These sessions can only be extended if no one else is waiting. Again, in order to guarantee one hour, please make an appointment.
- Please click on the Online Tutoring option from our home page for further details.
Cancellations, Lateness & No Shows
- If you need to cancel or will be late, call (530) 661-5733. Leave a message if no one answers.
- Your tutor is required to wait only 15 minutes before marking you as a NO SHOW.
- Cancellations made within less than 24 hours will be considered NO SHOW.
- MORE THAN TWO NO SHOWS WITHIN THE SAME SEMESTER WILL RESULT IN REMOVAL FROM THE TUTORING PROGRAM.
- Tutors will not do your homework. Attempt to work through your homework first then come to the tutoring session with questions.
- If you are unprepared for the session, the session may be rescheduled.
- If you are repeatedly unprepared for tutorial sessions, you may be dropped from the tutorial program. (You will then need to see the Center Staff before making further appointments).
- Keep socialization to a minimum.
- Keep the noise level down.
- Turn OFF Cell Phones.
- Do not interrupt tutoring sessions.
- Do not eat or drink in the Center (water bottles are an exception).
- Clean up your area before leaving.