Online Writing Tutoring
To use and access the Online Writing Tutoring, please read the following guidelines:
- The tutors will leave constructive feedback and tips that will help you with the next draft of your paper, whether you are working on your first draft or are nearing your final draft. The online writing tutors will NOT edit or correct your paper.
- You will be notified via Canvas when the tutors are done leaving feedback on your paper.
- Once the tutors have completed, you will not receive any more feedback on that draft.
- If you would like to get more help on a paper, you must resubmit your next draft for assistance or come into the RAWC to get help face-to-face with a tutor.
- Please plan ahead, submit your draft early, and be patient. It can take 1- 3 working days (Mon-Fri) for the tutors to finish feedback on an essay. Last-minute submissions do not take priority and all assistance is completed in the order in which essays are received.
- Submissions will be accepted on weekends, but tutors/staff do not work on any essay submissions on Fridays after 2 PM or on weekends.
Once familiar with the guidelines, watch this video on how to access the Online Writing Tutoring:
Online Subject Tutoring
The WCC Student Success Center offers free online subject tutoring for most math and science courses, as well as some other content-area courses. To access and use the Online Subject Tutoring, you must first complete the Orientation in the LEARN 502 Canvas page. To get more information about accessing LEARN 502 and getting started, please see the “Getting Started in the Student Success Center” page.
To use the Online Subject Tutoring, follow these easy steps:
STEP 1: Complete the Online Orientation for the Student Success Center on the Academic Support Canvas page. If you do not have access to Academic Support Canvas you can self-enroll using this link or you can contact Jolene at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added.
STEP 2: Please call the Tutoring Center at (530) 661-5733 to find out if there is an online tutor available for your subject.
STEP 3: View this video to learn how to use online tutoring.
STEP 4: Once you confirm that a tutor is available, go to the Online Subject Tutoring link to connect to a tutor at Woodland or Colusa.
Important Note: You will need to download and run Zoom and have a camera on your computer. Cell phones may require additional steps and may NOT be optimal for online tutoring.