Online Writing Tutoring is available on Canvas through the LEARN 502 class. If you have already completed the Student Contract, you should have the LEARN 502 class available on your Canvas Dashboard. If not, please see the “Getting Started in the Student Success Center” page for more information.
To use and access the Online Writing Tutoring, please read the following guidelines:
- The tutors will leave constructive feedback and tips that will help you with the next draft of your paper, whether you are working on your first draft or are nearing your final draft. The online writing tutors will NOT edit or correct your paper.
- You will be notified via Canvas when the tutors are done leaving feedback on your paper.
- Once the tutors have completed, you will not receive any more feedback on that draft.
- If you would like to get more help on a paper, you must resubmit your next draft for assistance or come into the RAWC to get help face-to-face with a tutor.
- Please plan ahead, submit your draft early, and be patient. It can take 1- 3 working days (Mon-Fri) for the tutors to finish feedback on an essay. Last-minute submissions do not take priority and all assistance is completed in the order in which essays are received.
- Submissions will be accepted on weekends, but tutors/staff do not work on any essay submissions on Fridays after 2 PM or on weekends.
Once familiar with the guidelines, watch this video on how to access the Online Writing Tutoring:
All WCC students can receive online math tutoring help by following these directions.
- Download Skype from https://www.skype.com/en/download
- Download idroo from https://idroo.en.softonic.com/
- Run Install for both applications.
- Run install for both applications. (You must integrate Idroo with Skype by clicking the allow access button that pops up on Skype.)
- Use Skype to call the WCC Tutoring Center and reach a WCC tutor using this login access: Username: wcctutee / Password: Tutee123
This video will cover how to install these applications: