Students in the SOAR Cohort will participate in a two-year cohort experience paired with intensive counseling and peer mentoring. Students will be enrolled in a course* each semester, along with their normal course load. Our CCC faculty teaching the SOAR Cohort courses are committed to our student success.
*Course are transferable and meet a GE Requirement
SOAR Cohort Application Process for Freshmen
In order to successfully complete your SSS-ESL file, it is critical that you submit all necessary documents before the deadlines. Your failure to meet any deadline could result in your immediate removal from the SSS-ESL Admissions process. Click on the following steps for more information.
In order for students to be considered for the SSS-ESL/SOAR Cohort, students must be admitted and attend Woodland Communiyt College, Colusa County Campus. If you still need to Apply for Admission, Click here
- Priority Deadline for SSS-ESL/SOAR application: May 19, 2017. After that date, applicants will be reviewed on a first-come-first served basis until the program is full.
- Complete and submit your application, including:
- Personal Statement (pg. 4)
- Provide a copy of an official form of identification (State License, State ID card, High School ID, Permanent Resident Card, etc.)
- Copy of last year’s income tax (Form 1040 or 1040A/EZ). Example: Current year 2016, need taxes for 2015 NOTE: *Parent tax returns are needed if student can still be claimed as a DEPENDENT according to federal financial aid law. -OR Complete “Student Financial Eligibility Information” (pg. 3).
- Submit the SOAR Supplement Application (pg. 5)
- Hint: Having your parent’s income information will help you in completing the application.
For SSS-ESL Application, Click Here
- It is your responsibility to follow up on the process to make sure that SSS-ESL has received all documents.
- Please do not hesitate to contact the TRiO Offices, email@example.com or 530-661-2285, if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to help.