Career Assessment Test
All MESA members are required to complete two of the career assessment tests. The tests are used as a tool to help students unveil career preferences and career environments.
1) Stop by the Career Center in Building 700 or call (530) 661-5703 to make an appointment.
2) Complete both the Strong-Campbell and MBTI.
3) You will need to schedule another appointment with the career counselor to get your results and interpretation of the two tests.
4) At the conclusion of your meeting with the career counselor have the counselor sign your certificate of completion.
5) Please bring a copy of your certificate of completion to the MESA center
Description of Career Assessments:
Strong-Campbell Interest Inventory (also known as SCII or Strong-Campbell) is a test instrument in career counseling used to reveal career preferences according to interests of individuals within those careers. The instrument has a strong database and gives a wide variety of careers to consider, but without regard to a person’s specific personality type. The test utilizes the typology (Holland Codes) of psychologist John L. Holland.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) test is a psychological personality assessment developed by Katharine Cooks Briggs and her daughter Isabel Briggs Myers. It is a comparative multiple-choice test that scores your personality based on four attributes: how outgoing you are (extroversion) or aren’t (introversion); whether you assess situations based primarily on external (sensing) or internal (intuitive) cues; whether you are more prone to make decisions using logic (thinking) or emotions (feeling); and whether the way you view the world is more concrete (judging) or theoretical (perceiving).