*In the declared State of Emergency, due to the spread of COVID-19, CommuniCare Health Centers at Woodland Community College will be working remotely. Any currently enrolled WCC student who is seeking Behavioral Health Services during the hours of operation Monday and Tuesday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm and Thursday 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm will continue to have access via telephone (530) 204-9467. Any currently enrolled WCC student who is seeking Primary Care Services during the hours of operation on Thursday from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm will continue to have access via telephone (530) 405-2846
Free to currently enrolled students!
Student Health Services Hours:
Woodland Campus (updated hours starting 10/24/19):
- Primary Care Services: Thursdays 9am – 12pm
- Behavioral Health Services:
- Thursdays 9am – 12pm – current hours
- Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays 9am-5pm (starting 10/24/19)
- *Excluding observed holidays/campus closures
CommuniCare Health Centers is proud to partner with Woodland Community College to provide health care services for students.
- Appointments are preferred, but walk-ins are welcome
- Services FREE and CONFIDENTIAL to all enrolled students
- Please bring your student ID card when visiting Health Services
- Physical exams, blood pressure checks, testing for anemia and Diabetes
- Diagnosis and Treatment of minor illnesses such as:
- ear pain,
- sore throat
- coughs/ colds
- sinus problems
- urinary tract infection
- Pap smear testing, Birth Control methods
- Pregnancy testing and counseling services
- STD Counseling, testing, treatment, and referral
- Advice and Education on Eating Habits and Wellness Basics
- Information and referral assistance
Walk-In! or call 530-661-7758 Location: Room 770
Directions: Walk past Admissions and Records (A&R)/ Financial Aid, exit the sliding glass doors, turn left, follow the walkway to the last door on the left.
Behavioral Health Services
It is common for students to periodically experience difficulty juggling the demands of coursework with the challenges that arise in their personal lives. To assist students with achieving their academic goals, a behavioral health specialist is available for Woodland Community College students. This counseling is available to provide FREE short-term assistance, and, in some cases, referral to community resources for long-term help. Meeting individually with a professional counselor in a private setting can help students to clarify thoughts and feelings, develop problem-solving skills and coping strategies, and to construct a plan for the future.
The Behavioral Health Specialist is available to serve students for
- Stress management
- Personal/social problems
- Family problems
- Eating disorders
- Concerns with domestic violence or abuse
- Sexual harassment or rape
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Substance abuse counseling and referral
Janel Guinane, LCSW
For appointments please call 530.661.5796.
After Hours for a medical or mental health emergency call 911.
For more information about CommuniCare Health Centers clinics and services, visit www.communicarehc.org