Compare each level and select the best option for you
प्रत्येक तहको तुलना गर्नुहोस् र तपाईंको लागि उत्तम विकल्प छान्नुहोस्
ہر سطح کا موازنہ کریں اور آپ کے لئے بہترین اختیار منتخب کریں
ਹਰੇਕ ਪੱਧਰ ਦੀ ਤੁਲਨਾ ਕਰੋ ਅਤੇ ਤੁਹਾਡੇ ਲਈ ਸਭ ਤੋਂ ਵਧੀਆ ਵਿਕਲਪ ਚੁਣੋ
- I am Maria.
- She is Lily.
- He isn't a doctor.
- I am young with brown hair.
- She is my mother.
- This is a picture of my family.
- Jim is a doctor. He's not a taxi driver.
- California is a dry state.
- Those are my shoes.
- I go to the park every week.
- The woman is wearing a red jacket and blue pants.
- I eat breakfast every morning.
- Good morning, how are you?
- What's your name?
- Is there a TV in your bedroom?
- Do they have a DVD player?
- What is your job?
- Is your job interesting?
- How old are you?
- Is the United States a big country?
- Are those your keys?
- Does she have a tablet?
- What are you doing right now?
- Can you ride a bike?
Sofia is from Poland and she and her husband, Yaroslaw, are potato farmers. They have a big farm of about 55 hectares. The weather in Poland is good for potatoes because it is cool and wet in the summer. People in Poland eat a lot of potatoes. Some of the potatoes are for their family but they sell some of their potatoes to other countries like Germany and England.
Jose is also a farmer and he comes from Yucatan in Mexico. He is twenty-four years old and he is married with three small children. He is not a potato farmer. He is a maize farmer, and he also grows beans. The summer in Mexico is very hot and wet, and this is good for maize and beans. His wife makes tortillas from the maize and their children love tortillas with beans.
Questions About the Reading
- Sofia and Yaroslaw are from _____.
- They are _______.
- Their potatoes go to countries like ______ and _______.
- Jose is from __________.
- He grows _______ and ________.
- Do Sofia and Yaroslaw come from Peru?
- Is it hot in Poland in the summer?
- Is their farm big?
- I'm Jessica, and I'm from California.
- My father's job is very interesting.
- I start work at 9:00 am every morning.
- We always give presents at Christmas.
- Carnival is usually in February or March.
- That red car is mine.
- You shouldn't leave your passport in an unsecured place.
- He rented a car on his trip to Europe last November.
- I think traveling by plane is more comfortable than traveling by car.
- My nephew is as tall as I am now.
- Where are you from?
- Do you have an interesting job?
- What are Fred and Alex doing right now?
- How was your vacation?
- Why did Alex stay home tonight?
- How many apples do you need for the pie?
- Why do you like fishing?
- Did they go to Europe last year?
- What are big tourist attractions in your country?
- Do you think tourism is good or bad? Give reasons.
- What are you going to do this weekend?
Example Reading from Textbook
For some people, their job is interesting, but their salary is not good. For other people, their job is boring, but their salary is good. And then for some lucky people, their job is interesting, and their salary is good. Let's look at some people and their jobs.:
Peter Elworthy is from New from New Zealand. He is not a pilot; he's a farmer! His farm is very big, so he uses an airplane. He says, "I'm happy. My job is interesting, and also the salary is good. And my dog, Shep, can come with me in the airplane."
Rimii Sen is an actress. She is Indian, and she's from Mumbai. "People think an actress's life is exciting, but it is difficult work, and sometimes it is boring. However, the salary is very good!"
Tanya Rogers is a student from Boulder, Colorado, in the United States. She is studying to be an engineer, but she really wants to be a musician. "School is boring, and I love my music. For some musicians, the salary is good, but for most musicians it is not good."
Engineer or musician? What a decision!
Questions About the Reading
- What does Peter do?
- Is peter poor?
- What does Rimii do?
- Is her salary good?
- Where is Tanya from?
- Do you think Tanya is happy?