Participate in the Student Research Symposium –
It’s as easy as 1-2-3!
Step 1: Complete the online symposium registration form
- Online registration for the 2019 symposium is open from April 15 – May 1
- Before you register, look at previous symposium programs to get ideas for your poster title and review the guidelines below
Step 2: Prepare your research poster
- Download Preparing a Symposium Poster
- Download Poster Visual Guide
- Attend an optional workshop to see examples, ask questions, and get a free poster board (first come, first served).
- Poster Design Workshop: Thursday April 25, 12-1 pm, Room 810 (in Library)
- Poster Making Party: Tuesday, May 7, 12-1pm, MakerSpace/Library
Workshops are part of the Academic Success Workshop Series, a collaborative effort of the WCC Library and the Student Success Center. For more information about these and other workshops, visit https://wcc.yccd.edu/success/workshops/
Step 3: Attend the symposium
- The 2019 symposium is Thursday May 9 from 12-1 in Community Room 800
- Bring your poster to the Community Room to set up starting at 11:45
- Invite family and friends to attend; light refreshments are served
- Any posters left behind after the symposium will be recycled or saved as examples
If you have additional questions, please contact Professor Kirschner.