Faculty Resources for Distance Education
Want to teach online but don’t know where to start? Join us for the next session of Online Teaching and Learning, August 26-September 20, 2019 to earn your online teaching certification. Email Betsy Allen at email@example.com to reserve your spot today!
Already certified to teach online and need course design assistance?
Sign up for our next session of the Online Course Design Workshop. Getting weekly tips and support as you orient yourself to the CVC-OEI Course Design Rubric standards and available technologies for creating great elearning experiences for your students. The next session runs Oct. 7- Nov. 29th. Email Betsy Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot today!
Ready for POCR Review?
If you’ve built out your new online course, you are ready to have it peer reviewed (POCR: Peer Online Course Review). Contact Betsy Allen at email@example.com to schedule your review time. Please plan to have your course ready for peer review at least one semester prior to its scheduled launch to allow for review, revision, and follow up to ensure your course meets CVC-OEI course design standards.
WCC Distance Education Faculty Training
- View & Sign up for faculty training sessions at Flex Website
- Watch for online trainings and a DE video resource library available at the Faculty and Staff Professional Development Center in your Canvas dashboard.
Canvas Resources for DE Faculty:
- Canvas Instructor Guide
- Canvas Video Guide for Instructors
- Canvas Webinar Archives
- The Canvas Community (forums)
- DE Committee Minutes Agenda Documents (2012-2018)