Earth Week Schedule April 19th-23rd
Monday, April 19th
Live a greener life pickup/drop off event from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm in front of the 700 building
- Drop off clothing, food, and personal care items to help stock our WCC and LCC food pantries
- All items are welcome but business attire to help our students land a great job is especially welcome!
- This idea was submitted by WCC student Thomas Smith
- Drop off your WCC ecobrick
- Reflect on your plastic waste
- Develop a building material to create a structure at WCC
- Watch the video below to learn how to make your own ecobrick.
- Checkout the Global Ecobrick Alliance to learn more about this global movement.
- This idea was submitted by WCC student Cheyanne Hecht.
- Pick up your “live a greener life” kit with awesome reusable materials (for students only)
How to make a WCC ecobrick.
Tuesday, April 20th
Earth day live online event! Three days of climate action from April 20-22.
- April 20: Global youth climate summit
- April 21: “Teach for the Planet: Global Education Summit”
- April 22: Earth day workshops, panel discussions, and special performances
- This idea was submitted by WCC student Maris Samsel
Wednesday, April 21st
Calculate your carbon footprint and share it with fellow students!
- Have you ever wondered how your carbon footprint compares to other people in your area?
- Use this CoolClimate Network tool and learn about ways to reduce your footprint
- Tell us about your carbon footprint so we can share it with our WCC community!
If you’re looking for ways to make small changes in your life checkout this video on buying better bathroom products
Thursday, April 22nd
Earth day 101 live zoom session 4:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Learn how Earth day began!
- Learn how to turn kitchen scraps back into plants!
- This idea was submitted by WCC student Alyson Davenport
Yuba College Celebration of Poetry show live on Zoom at 7:00 pm
Friday, April 23rd
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle contest
- Use the 3Rs to create something cool or just share with us how you reduce, reuse, or recycle
- Submit your entry so that we can share it with our WCC community
- All submissions will be entered in a raffle to win a prize!
Interested in learning more about recycling? Check out this interview with Emily Lucic on plastic recycling