2014-2015 Scholarships Scholarship Opportunities at WCC
A scholarship is an award of financial aid for a student to further his or her education. Scholarships are awarded based upon various criteria, which usually reflect the values and purposes of the donor or founder of the award. Scholarship money is not required to be repaid.
Scholarships are usually awarded based on academic achievement, field of study, community service, extracurricular activities and, in some cases, financial need.
At Woodland Community College scholarships are available to incoming, continuing and transferring students.
Incoming: A new student who has not previously attended college.
Continuing: A student who is currently enrolled in college.
Transfer: A student who is transferring to a 4-year college during the 2014-2015 academic year.
There are two types of scholarships available at WCC; Yuba Community College District Foundation and Other Donor Sponsored scholarships.
Foundation Scholarships: You only have to complete and submit one Foundation Scholarship Application to be considered for all of the foundation scholarships available at WCC.
Print the Foundation Scholarship Application for WCC students or they are also available at the WCC Financial Aid Office. Also print Letters of Recommendation Forms.
Other Donor Sponsored Scholarships: Eligibility and application information is posted on the Scholarship Opportunities board located in the Eagle's Nest.
For additional information contact the Financial Aid Office at WCC.
- Complete your 2014-2015 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov .
- Do not complete the WCC Foundation Application if you are attending Yuba College during the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Tips on how to write your scholarship essay
- Start requesting your letters of recommendation now. Don't wait until the last minute!
- It is the applicant's responsibility to assure their scholarship packet is complete.
- Watch the deadlines!
- -Foundation Scholarships: April 1, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. No exceptions!
- Other Donor Sponsored Scholarships: Dates vary
2015 Friends of the California State Fair Scholarship program - available scholarships has over 27 categories, with an opportunity to receive up to $5,000.