Date: Thursday, May 7, 2015 * Where: Building 700, Room 727 *Time: 12:00pm
The committee will select a speech that is appropriate for the occasion. Speakers may summarize the following:
- Their learning experiences at Woodland Community College;
- The impact education has had upon themselves and their families lives;
- How college and other students have affected their plans for the future; and
- An assessment of the influence of our College on the City of Woodland and surrounding area.
- Be in good academic standing
- Have a grade point average of at least a 3.0 or higher
- Make certain the tone of your speech is professional and reflects the importance of the ceremony.
- You may include humor but remember to deliver a formal speech.
- This is an important occasion for the graduating students and their guests.
- For some people, this ceremony will be the conclusion of their formal education and they deserve a dignified and impressive occasion.
- The speaker need not be experienced in public speaking since the speech can be read.
- Instructors will assist the speaker in preparing the speech and rehearsing the presentation.
- The speech should be 3-5 minutes in length.
- Please bring a written copy or outline of your speech with you to the competition.
TO THE CANDIDATES:
Thank you for your participation in this competition. Your energy and willingness to participate helps everyone toward our common goal of excellence.