WOULD YOU LIKE TO SPEAK AT GRADUATION?
Represent the Class of 2014 and receive $100.00
Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Where: Building 700, Room 727
The committee will select a speech that is appropriate for the occasion. Speakers may summarize the following:
- Their learning experiences at Woodland Community College;
- The impact education has had upon them and their family's life;
- How college and other students have affected their plans for the future; and
- An assessment of the influence of our College on the City of Woodland and surrounding area.
- Be in good academic standing
- Have a grade point average of at least a 3.0 or higher
Make certain that the tone of your speech is serious and reflects the importance of the ceremony. You may include humor but remember to deliver a formal speech. This is an important occasion for the graduating students and their guests. For some people, this ceremony will be the conclusion of their formal education and they deserve a dignified and impressive occasion.
The speaker need not be experienced in public speaking since the speech can be read. Instructors will assist the speaker in preparing the speech and rehearsing the presentation. The speech should be 3-5 minutes in length. Please bring a written copy or outline of your speech with you to the competition.
The speech competition will take place on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 12pm in Building 700, Room 727.
TO THE CANDIDATES:
Thank you for your participation in this competition. Your energy and willingness to participate helps everyone toward our common goal of excellence.