The Writing and Math Center (WAM) provides assistance with all writing, math, and statistics assignments. WAM is staffed by Writing Center Instructional Assistant Rosalinda Martinez, Writing Center Instructional Assistants Rosalinda Martinez and
Michelle Beuttel and Math Instructional Assistant Sergey Postolaki .
Writing Center services include draft reviews, ideas and approaches to an assignment, and computer assistance. All services are free of charge. Along with a draft copy of the paper, please bring in a copy of the assignment. An appointment is not necessary though students should allow some wait time. Staff will not proofread student essays but will assist students with fixing mistakes. Please remember that coming to the Writing Center will not guarantee students a good grade, but it will help assist in the process of becoming a better writer. The Writing Center is a quiet, comfortable place to study, so we encourage students to use the space for just that, even if assistance in writing is not needed.
What we do:
- Provide one-on-one tutoring and attention for all levels.
- Discuss individual topics and assignments.
- Provide personal writing profile and suggestions for improvement.
- Revise rough drafts.
- Help with research papers, works cited pages, and all citation styles
What we don't do:
- Correct your mistakes and hand your paper back to you without a discussion.
- Write your essay or tell you what to say.
- Judge writing. Please don't ask us to give your paper a grade or to predict the grade you will earn on your essay.
Writing Center is open Monday to Thursday, 9:00am to 6:00pm.
Closed on Fridays.
If you need tutoring help with Reading Assignments in Any Subject Area as well as with Study & Test Preperation Strategies, visit the WCC Reading Center in Room 870 (down the hall from WAM).
Math Center services include assistance with all math and statistics assignments during the following hours: