Becoming A Tutor
If you are interested in becoming a tutor, please come by the Center to pick up an application or print out the two-sided Tutor Application and bring to the Center.
- Earned an “A” or “B” in course wanting to tutor; or placed into a higher level course
- Have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be approved by the course(s) instructor(s)
- Be enrolled in at least 6 units [Note: Individuals who do not meet this criterion for a student tutor may still apply & may qualify to be a nonstudent tutor.]
- Meeting these qualifications does not guarantee an interview and/or a tutor position.
If you are unable to obtain an instructor’s signature, please print his/her name in the right margin of the back page and bring to the Center.
If you have not taken the class at WCC or in the Yuba Community College District, please attach a copy of your Unofficial Transcript from the other institution highlighting your grade for the course (or equivalent course) you wish to tutor.
Tutors must also have earned an A or B in Learn 20, Tutor Training (or an equivalent class from another institution). Or they are expected to successfully complete the class within the first year of working as a tutor.