Step 1 (Optional): Understand the process by reviewing the following documents:
Step 2 (Optional): Find & evaluate materials suitable to your department's needs:
- Consult "Choice: Current Reviews for Academic Libraries" or "Library Journal" (see a librarian regarding access to these periodicals)
- Consult your own discipline's periodicals for reviews
- Consider evaluation criteria using this sample Media Evaluation Form
Step 3 (Required): Prioritize your requests in the following order (each category should also be prioritized) using theMedia Request Form
- Essential to curriculum
- Supplemental to curriculum
- Useful for students or college employees
Step 4 (Required): Submit your prioritized requests to the librarian at email@example.com referring to the following calendar.
- FALL CYCLE Aug 1 -- Sep 30: Library accepts prioritized requests from faculty
- SPRING CYCLE Jan 1 -- Mar 7: Library accepts prioritized requests from faculty
*Requests outside of the deadlines may be purchased on a case-by-case basis pending human and fiscal resources as well as district purchasing processes.
For more information or help with the forms, contact the Library at (530) 661-5740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.